Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cleveland Or Bust!

So this weekend Alec and I took a trip to Cleveland.  My Grandpa Bedore flew in from Green Bay.  The last time I saw him was at our wedding four years ago so I had to jump at the chance, plus my mom and dad were begging for Alec.  He was wonderful on the drive, he wanted his pacifier twice (thank God for long arms) and he ate once.

Grandpa absolutely loved Alec and Alec loved all the visitors he had.  Grandpa was full of
stories.  He had fun telling us, especially my brother Matthew, about his romantic conquests, WWII, building all the homes in the Soo, all the trouble my dad use to get into, it was a blast.  This was the first time that the both of us were old enough to really appreciate it and I know that he liked that. Just to rag on my brother, Grandpa held the baby more than my brother and he's 85!!  Hayden had lots of fun with Grandpa, they were tickling each other... it was nice to see him warm up to Grandpa.  Hayden was also the birthday boy of the weekend! 
For the sorority girls reading, you will remember me telling countless stories and worries over my beautiful neice Brittney.  Here she is, she absolutely adored Alec.  Brittney is doing great about to get a car and start community college.  Good luck Britt, we have all the faith in the world that you will accomplish everything that you set your mind too.  Britt's sister Dana did not like Alec one bit, this was the closest she got to him all weekend.  It is either because he's a boy or that she is no longer the baby.

Here is the funny poop story from the weekend...  I shared a bed with my Mom since things were tight with all the visitors.  One morning my Mom thought she would give me a little break and change Alec while I was waking up.  I'm lying in bed and all of a sudden I hear a couple farts and them my Mom exclaim "NO... Help".  Alec let loose all over my Mom, their floor, the dog bed and their comforter.  It took three of us to clean up the mess and my Mom was selective on what diapers she changed after that.

No comments: