Friday, December 7, 2007

Our First Blog

OK, I have NEVER done this before but thought I would join the growing group of moms :) who post pictures and fun stories. Today was the first ultra-sound. Baby Sheard is 1.9 cm long and has a strong healthy heartbeat. Good luck with the picture! The baby's head is on the left, pretty much directly to the right of the head is his heart and you can see the little circles where her arms and legs are. Yes, there is only one I just can't decide to use him or her yet.

Ok for the personal stuff... It was awesome; first of course we could see the heart beating. I think we both sucked air at the same moment impossibly overtaken by such a miracle. Then we could hear it, a sound that will have us captivated for the rest of our lives. Jonny did fairly well! He only made fun of the couple with the matching down coats twice; we were in tears laughing so hard. And of course he had to smack my bare butt right before the doctor came in, I'm sure I had a red hand print for all to see. I'm doing ok, still eating crackers in bed, which annoys Jonny to no end. Plus he had his first experience of "give me food now or I will vomit" (I think he liked it)! I haven’t gained any weight yet, which isn’t too bad considering all the crummy food I’m eating.

For right now I'll try posting once a week, maybe Wednesdays. Since not to much is going on. I love you guys and miss you.

5 comments:

Stephie said...

We are so excited for you guys! Sorry to hear you are stuck in Houston for longer than expected, I'll keep an eye on Jonny for you this weekend ;)

Anonymous said...

Ryan and I are very happy for you and your new addition. I am glad to hear the appointment went so well. Shockingly enough I think I can see both the head and the heart. Usually I can't pick anything out of an ultrasound :)

Melissa said...

Congrats!!!! I am so excited for you :) Your lives will change forever - in a good way of course! When is your due date???

Erica said...

yeahhhh, congrats to you. I am so happy for you guys, you will love being parents!!

Eryn said...

Honor,

So stumbled onto your blog and onto your good news. I am sooo excited for you best of luck on your growing family...